Subject: RE: [Leica] outsourcing components
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 15:33:21 -0000

> If there is some percentage of parts farmed out and parts produced
in-house,
> maybe Mr. Puts would be so kind to provide a list of parts of the M-6 that
> are produced in-house by Solms and those that are produced by others than
> Solms.  Then we might have an agreed upon basis for determining whether
Solms
> is a manufacturer of the M-6.

- ----
Is Dr. Blacktape Missing Something Here...

He wonders why he doesn't give so much as the rear end of a rat whether the
parts of his M6 were manufactured by the gnomes of Solms, or a gaggle of
97-year-old blind women in Turkistan. All Dr. Blacktape cares about is
whether the finished product meets Leicas standards and can take the aging
and abuse for which Leicas have long been famous. If it can, then Solms
Schmolms! Haven't we got something worthwhile to waste neurotic energy on?
Let Erwin The Great spend his valuable time testing lens, rather than asking
him to prepare reports on the ethnic and geographic origin of rewind levers
and sprockets.