Subject: RE: [Leica] OT, was: Re: message filtering
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:28:43 -0700

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BEDACA.1E3CDAFA

> Periodically, I suggest that those of you using Netscape and other
> non-dedicated email clients consider using a client that does email
> and nothing more.

The best $29 USD I ever spent was on Agent from Forte Inc.  It is an
email/newsgroup package that is without peer IME.  Intuitive, robust,
flexible, and all the defaults are what I would have chosen anyway.
Works on-line or off-line with equal aplomb.  There is a free version
called FreeAgent which lacks some features, but is otherwise just as
good.

I agree with the comment about dedicated tools - I'd rather use something
that does one job well rather than 4 jobs poorly. (I'd like to make a
comment here about owning an SLR rather than a Viso for this reason, but
in the interests of harmony I'll refrain :-)

Paul Chefurka

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BEDACA.1E3CDAFA

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>RE: [Leica] OT, was: Re: message filtering</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>&gt; Periodically, I suggest that those of you using Netscape and other </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&gt; non-dedicated email clients consider using a client that does email </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&gt; and nothing more.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>The best $29 USD I ever spent was on Agent from Forte Inc.&nbsp; It is an</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>email/newsgroup package that is without peer IME.&nbsp; Intuitive, robust,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>flexible, and all the defaults are what I would have chosen anyway.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Works on-line or off-line with equal aplomb.&nbsp; There is a free version</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>called FreeAgent which lacks some features, but is otherwise just as</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>good.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I agree with the comment about dedicated tools - I'd rather use something</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>that does one job well rather than 4 jobs poorly. (I'd like to make a</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>comment here about owning an SLR rather than a Viso for this reason, but</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>in the interests of harmony I'll refrain :-)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Paul Chefurka</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>