Subject: [Leica] OT, was: Re: message filtering
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:46:20 -0700

On 30 Jul 99, TSL wrote, at least in part:

> >I'm using Netscape 4.0 for email and have tried to establish a Leica
> >users folder and filter to send list message there. So far nothing I've
> >tried works. Any help would be appreciated.

Periodically, I suggest that those of you using Netscape and other
non-dedicated email clients consider using a client that does email
and nothing more.

Two, with which I am familiar, that are without charge (and for
those of you in Rio Linda, that means FREE!) are Pegasus and
Eudora Lite. Eudora Pro is a version with even more features,
though not all that much more, and is available for a reasonable
charge.

I have used them both and highly recommend them. They have
all manner of filtering available that will literally knock your socks
off. Further refinements to Eudora Lite are available, for purchase,
in Eudora Pro. Both will run rings around the "all things to all
people" types.

I personally prefer Pegasus. It is considerably more frugal in its
use of system resources, particularly hard disk memory
requirements. The feature set is easily comparable to and quite
possibly more rich than, even, Eudora Pro, but the learning curve
may be a bit more steep and lengthy.

Websites are out there for you to download these programs. A
good search engine will reveal them. Failing that, email me
privately and I'll pass along the website addresses.

See for yourselves.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org