Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Special Edition M6s
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:30:27 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
><snip>But once the Leica bug
> bites I think many of us become collectors too to a greater or (in my case)
> lesser extent.
>
> As for the special LHSA M6 that was the original subject of this thread, I say
> all the power to Leica. We all know it is a small company struggling to survive.
> If they can sell several hundred M6s with a 200% margin, then it is good for all
> of us.
>
> Nathan
>
> Roger Beamon wrote:
>
> > Nuts! One of the most knowledgable and astute collectors was a
> > personal friend back in the Philadelphia area.><snip>
> > Roger

I really don't have any big problem with collecting. I value Leica stuff for
other use not just have.
Here though Nathan you are making inferences about Leica's profit margin on this
enamel deal while you sell your off exquisite  135mm Apo Telyt that you bought
yesterday and your exquisite 75mm Summilux to buy an untried and tested by
yourself new 90mm Summicron. That could be considered more frivolous than most
collecting.  You say your new  Leicaflex situation has enabled you to reshuffle
your long M lenses in this manner so you are selling/consolidating!
No one forces you to justify yourself of course. But to me this sounds rather
off handed. These are powerful tools you are tossing back at us have you
discovered Zooms? Tell us about your great new R telephoto's that could possible
enable you to part with the 75mm Summilux and 135mm Apo Telyt so matter of
factly. (See his other post) This is a discussion group. Some of us would rather
quickly take these find tools off your hands than hear why they no longer
satisfy you. Me, I'd like to know how they've let you down. Or have they?
Mark Rabiner