Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Shooting vs capturing images
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 17:33:17 -0700

>My old M3's don't have that "shooting" feature you all talk about. There's
>silver button to push on top, but it just opens a little door thingy behind
>the lens. Nothing comes out. It just sucks in light. Is this normal? Please
advise.

The Leica factory has always equipped M bodies with a permanent supply of
phlogiston that must *shoot* out the camera in order to reflect back into
it.  Ever notice how fast you can shoot with a Leica? That's why the factory
also equips the metal lens shades with vents. It's for cooling.

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger