Subject: Re: [Leica] Goldilocks and the three cameras
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:09:26 -0700

Hi Doug - I'll have to check last Thursday's aerial shots to find you and
your daughter! We were flying transects right around Mt Shasta, including a
wonderful flyby about 3000 feet below the summit on the south side. Man,
what a huge mountain! Did you see a white Cessna 182 anywhere overhead just
after noon? The evidence of volcanic activity is amazing from the air, as
well as a wide variety of landscapes: mountains, lakes, ponderosa and
rivers. We landed at Fall River Mills for lunch and fuel, a small, pretty
town about 40 miles southeast of Shasta near Lake Britton. On the way home,
we flew over the Trinity Alps, with most of the snow melted into the crystal
blue lakes, but still some showing along tops and ridges.

What amazing countryside, captured in part on Leicas and Hasselblad. I'm
careful to note the exact location for the Hasselblad vertical shots, but I
need a back for the Leicas that will capture GPS points so I can remember
where all those out-the-open-window photos come from! Back in Eureka, I look
east out my kitchen window with a whole new perspective on the wild and
beautiful country just over Kneeland and spreading for miles and miles
inland. Someday I'm looking forward to rambling over some of it on foot,
with Leicas along of course, just like you.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger