Subject: Re: [Leica] Fuji Film Question
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 10:26:40 -0500

Thanks Harrison,
I'm an amateur who pretty much sticks to Kodachrome 25/200 and seldom has
prints made from slides.   Travel photography is my thing.

Since I switched from Nikons to Leica SLR's, I've found that if I use the
spot meter to meter the highlight(s) in the scene that the recommended Kodak
ISO ratings produce very consistent results.  I've had nearly as good luck
with an MR-4 meter on my M3.

I've been told in a very nice treatise posted by Henning Wulff that since
Fuji films are somewhat different (longer shoulder vs. longer toe) that I'd
need to expose Velvia at ISO 40 to achieve similar results.

I HAVE set out a test procedure and as soon as this lousy heat wave subsides
I'll execute it.  My biggest problem is finding a consistent test
environment which will show me the color rendition, contrast, etc. of these
various films.

BTW, everyone seems to like the new Kodak E6 films so I'll give them a try
as well.

Regards,
Bud Cook