Subject: [Leica] fees for authors
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 11:19:38 +0200

Christer  noted partly, as a semi-citation:
>HE: Well, what do you expect, the magazines pay him DM 200 (that a little
>more than $ 100) for each page, so he can not afford to do much testing
>himself and he has to inflate the text volume in order to make a little bit
>of money.

This is a remarkable train of thought. I am writing for five or six
magazines and get paid nothing or the same fee per page.  Still I
strive to deliver high quality work, based on extensive time
consuming testing.  It is no excuse for shoddy work to blame the low
pay. If the fee is too low, do not accept the offer. Every
writer/journalist should have its own standards of professionalism,
and keep to them disregarding what you get paid. If you agree with
the fee, then you have only one option: deliver to the best you can.
If you won't deliver for the money, find yourself a better paid job.

Erwin