Subject: [Leica] Re: Stolen Leica
From: "L. K. Nicholson" <nicleok@sdllc.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 00:10:43 -0500

Dear Mr. Trentelman:

Thank you very, very much for your email about my stolen Leica.

The reason why I was sending it back to Mr. Derderian at Park Square
Camera in Boston is quite frankly, I have been doing business with him
for over 10 years now and I wanted for him to see for himself the
problem  in order for him to jump his reps at Leica for letting it get
out without proper vertical rangefinder alignment.

I also informed Leica USA about the RF problem and about the camera
being stolen.  I hope that with the meticulous records Leica keeps,  one
day it will find its way back to papa!  Now comes the interesting
hypothetical question:  Given that I have sent in the registration card
to Leica USA and informed them of the problem with the vertical
alignment of the RF now, if it were to be returned to me, say 5 years
from now, will Leica adjust the vertical alignment of the RF?  And what
do I do if Airborne Express has compensated me for the theft.  Part of
the answer is that I would love to have that problem! or perhaps better
yet, avoid that problem, and have the camera returned sooner rather than
latter.

Thanks again.

With every good wish, I am,

Sincerely yours,
- --

Leonard K. Nicholson
Operating Manager

                       STRUCTURED DEVELOPMENT LLC
                      2323 WEST BAINBRIDGE STREET
                               Suite 100
                     Kenner, Louisiana  70062-4108

                Tel. (504)468-9400  ·  Fax (504)467-8571
                          http://www.sdllc.com