Subject: Re: [Leica] Portland Oregon Shops
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:04:39 -0700

Lucian Chis wrote:

> First and foremost try Pro Photo Supply (503)241-1112. Talk to Laurie for
> starters.
> THEN Citizen's Photo. They can steer you to others if you are not
> satisfied with their offer.
> If you need service or parts for Leica / Hasselblad / Rolleiflex call
> Custom Camera Craft (Bill Crispien). Nothing electronic though (maybe the
> meter in M6 or so)!
>
> Lucian
>
> On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Frank Filippone wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have a recommendation for stores in Portland.....?
> > Leica, Hasselblad and LF.
> > oh, and darkroom equipment.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Frank Filippone

My Portand 4 cents:
Camera World downtown has Leica in stock (and Hasselblad with the change of
ownership)  and that is where I got my new 35 and 135 in the last year. It's
easy to get them to give it to you with their Website price which is cheaper
than the already cheap prices they have out there. They have and sell more Leica
and Hasselblad than all the other stores put together X10 which doesn't make
them good but they are good. They have a page in the back of most of the photo
magazines. Lucian may have had a specific reason to have left them out of his
list.

On the other hand Citizen's can be very funky and they were the ones who had the
battery cover quoted at $75. Most of the pro's I know may have them on their
list but sadly at the bottom.

I love the walk in film and paper freezer at Pro Photo but a dozen times things
were supposed to be $20 in 2 weeks and ended up being $30 in 2 months. So I
don't place orders I just get what I see in front of me. They have a great
digital section and you can rent large format and lots of other photo stuff but
no Leica lenses. They barely have Leica anything.

Bill Crispian was trained by Leica in Germany and is a great professional.
Love's Rolleiflex's too, CLA'd mined to perfection. I find being in his presence
for a few minutes a great inspiration.
Mark Rabiner