Subject: Re: [Leica] New Cosina Voigtlander lenses
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:56:35 -0700

Jeremy Kime wrote:

> John,
> I think the question of balancing expense with ability ("what they can
> really achieve") is something that Leica have faced for many years, indeed
> more or less since they made interchangeable lenses.
><snip>

It seems in the near future much of the photography done with M6's will be done
with optics that are good but not Leica exquisite and these options will sell
M6's broadening it's consumer base.
The results received from M6 users will thus be redefined. Glass defines a camera.
I think that all these new people using their M6's will realize at one point
that they have that pie in the sky Leica APO ASPH option which they would sooner
or later check out. So extra could be charged for those shots.

But one category won't be affected.
The people who think the Leica M is the pain in the ass interface they are
forced to use to be able to shoot with Leica M glass. These people won't be
getting cheaper third party glass. They'll be looking for a cheaper third party
camera; an SLR or autofocus something to shoot Leica top quality glass. I have
no prediction of those wishes will be granted.

I love the M6 and it's glass and might check out some of this new cheap stuff.

The 15 you guess focus but the 75 would be connected to the rangefinder I assume?
Mark Rabiner