Subject: [Leica] Again, Prad RT?
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 08:09:26 -0700

Asked about the new RT a couple of months ago, with little
response. Too new, perhaps, so lemme try again:

Though I'd love to take advantage of the 2002 deals going
around; it would suit my personal projection needs fine, I almost
have to go the US Carousel route. The storage efficiency of the
Euro type cassettes would be preferable, as storage space in this
new house was not as well thought out as the rest of it. Alas, all
the foregoing considered, and due to my need to swap trays with
others for both club and corporate projection, I'm really wed to
the big circles!

Has anyone any time with the RT yet? My understanding is that
Leica had an embarassing time with it during their RT roll out. Is it
achieving a reliable reputation, so far, or are the numbers not yet
in?

The price is a put off, but then, a high end Kodak with a good
Schneider of whatever lens wont come cheaply either.

Comments?

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

    Nothing worse could happen to one than to be completely understood.
                -- Carl Jung