Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Screw thread questions.
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:58:37 EDT

In a message dated 7/8/99 2:01:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wilcox@tir.com
writes:

<< There are many users of LTM cameras on LUG, me among them. It is very much
 on topic. I have no idea of prices for repair outside the US, but if it
 only needs a CLA, which is likely, it may well be worth the cost.

 Ken Wilcox >>

Likely that's all it needs unless it's been mistreated or stored in a hot
and/or humid place.  My IIIf had the shutter curtain and rangefinder mirror
replaced about 25 years ago while my IIIa (12 or 13 years younger) has been
CLA'd but otherwise is still all-original, and I've spoken to several Leica
technicians who say that this is commonplace.  The demarcation line, probably
not coincidentally, is WWII.

DT