Subject: Re: [Leica] Light leak in M6?
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 13:20:26 EDT

In a message dated 7/8/99 12:08:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pieter@world.std.com writes:

<< BTW, does anyone know if there is a lens cap that fits over the 12501
 shade for the M 21mm/3.4 Super Angulon?  Any home-brew solutions?

My S/A's have plastic caps that fit the lenses but not the hoods.  There
aren't  any tabs for attaching a cap to the hood, and you probably wouldn't
want to stick velcro to it. Three solutions I have tried are 1)make a
cardboard cap (rectangular piece with 4 sides folded in, like an open box)
which would press-fit into the opening in the front of the hood, with a tab
on the outside (piece of tape folded over) to grab it by. 2) cut a piece of
cardboard or black flexible plastic to fit in the Series-VII filter recess in
the hood (you have to take the hood on and off to remove the cap). 3) find a
small, short leather or vinyl drawstring bag (mine was from a cheap
teleconverter) that fits over the whole lens and the drawstring holds it in
place.  Kind of like a falconer's hood.

DT