Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 = R.I.P ?
From: "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@circle.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 06:31:14 -0400

Chrisrian,

    Boty of my R8's have done the same thing a couple of times EACH.  I send
them back, they fix them "temporarily" and boom they die again.  I've had them
die when I was photographing whales in Alaska, shooting a 1,250 player soccer
tournament and on a recent trip to Yellowstone.  Its ridiculous but at least
the repair dept is swift and friendly.  I believe it has something to do with
the motorwinder but  I can't be sure.  What I am positive about is that if it
wasn't for the glass I would have abandoned this system long ago.

Gary