Subject: Re: [Leica] Quem's Post
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 13:00:51 +1200

Don wrote:

>Are there any other terrorists that you would like the LUG to help get
>removed from jail so she or he may continue their killing?  Do you want Ben
>Laden removed from the "wanted" list?
>
>It is my view politics is not a proper subject for the LUG network, certainly
>not asking the LUG to support the release of members of terrorist gangs in
>Peru where the terrorists kill innocent men, women and children with great
>pleasure.

Don, please re-read my post. I'm not asking you to do anything, that was
one of my points. Your post could be read as more political than my own; I
was merely stating that the issue is a politically conscience one. The LUG
was invited to have a look at a website and make a call on what they saw,
there wasn't even a call for discussion of the issues. I'm just trying to
explain the fact that the poster may have been passing on the information
believing that some members of the LUG may have wanted to help. But please
don't pigeonhole my own political beliefs by pointing a finger at me and
labelling me as a pro-terrorist anything, without the knowledge of knowing
something of me.

Thanks, and take care,
Gary

 "My point is not that everything is bad, but that everything is
  dangerous, which is not exactly the same as bad" - Michel Foucault.

OO
[_]<|    Gary Elshaw
 /|\        Post-Grad Film Student
              Victoria University