Subject: Re: [Leica] Russar 20/5.6 ??
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 12:18:27 -0700

Marc,

>>you seem to have gotten a good deal from E-Bay, one of the very few of
which I've yet heard!<<

I can add my name to the list of those who've gotten some very, very good
Leica deals on EBay. Today I received an unused current 28mm brightline
finder with case and box for about 1/3 of what the least expensive dealers
advertise. A few months ago I got a beautiful Focomat 1c with extended
column and filter drawer for $280 complete. And I've picked up a couple of
Leitz filters for a fraction of what they sell for used in stores.

If you are cautious, know what market prices are for items, and check out
the seller carefully, EBay can be a wonderful resource. If you act rashly
and get more caught up in  winning the auction rather than getting a good
deal, you can find yourself on the bad end of a transaction. When I hear
people complain about their experiences on EBay it usually turns out that
they haven't researched the item, asked questions of the seller, read the
seller's terms, used their head in bidding, comparison shopped the item, or
checked the seller's history.

Bryan