Subject: [Leica] XTOL Again (slightly off-topic)
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 08:11:26 -0400

Yesterday I processed a roll of TMX in XTOL for the first time (shot in an
M6 with Tri-Elmar and thin Tele-Elmarit, so we have some relevance to the
LUG). I shot at EI 100, and used a 1:3 dilution for 13 minutes at 74F.
Great negatives, wonderful prints.

One question, however. The frame numbers and other Kodak verbage on the
edges of the film are practically invisible. Is this a common trait of
XTOL? I've never had that result with any other developer, and I've used
quite a few. It is slightly inconvenient, but I'll live with it if that's
the price of getting negatives like these.

Anyone have a similar experience?///REB

Richard E. Baznik
Vice President for Public Affairs
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7021, U.S.A.
Voice: (216) 368-2338
Fax: (216) 368-6674