Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Again (slightly off-topic)
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 08:42:28 EDT

In a message dated 7/7/99 7:16:13 AM Central Daylight Time, reb10@po.cwru.edu
writes:

<< One question, however. The frame numbers and other Kodak verbiage on the
 edges of the film are practically invisible. Is this a common trait of
 XTOL? I've never had that result with any other developer, and I've used
 quite a few. It is slightly inconvenient, but I'll live with it if that's
 the price of getting negatives like these.

 Anyone have a similar experience?///REB

The light numbers and verbiage is indicative of underdevelopment whether in
XTOL or another developer.

If you have a sensitomer and densitometer, you may check the development very
quickly.