Subject: Re: [Leica] the apo 90 [Envy]
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 11:37:34 -0700

><snip>
>  Hi all,
>
>  received my APO 90 ASPH M at long last yesterday, this being one of the
>  German manufactured stock, as opposed to the [I imagine] ultra rare Canadian
>  ones which slipped out a couple of months ago. The box still says Made in
>  Canada, but the lens is stamped Made in Germany, with the part number
>  beneath it, haven't seen that before [but then only have three other
>  lenses]. Serial Number is in the 3856xx range, and the 'instruction' booklet
>  has changed to a fold out thing.
><snip>
>
>  Leopold.

How nice for you! You now have the sharpest damn hunk of glass in the
history of [Envy]the modern universe as we know it.
I hope you shoot the heck out of it. [Envy] It's time to document your
world! [Envy] Catalog all your earthly goods. If you have a wife of SO
make them happy by shooting them wearing their best hat not downlighted.
[Envy] It's an awesome honor owning that lens. You may be called to
defend the universe with it. Should that time occur I hope you have all
your senses tuned to the highest peak. (Try pinball).
Mark Rabiner
[Envy]