Subject: [Leica] was:ideal SINGLE lens for M6HM. now Mark Rabiner.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 21:33:11 -0700

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>As I've been here for a while I'll hit you with some stuff as I've seen
>other people do it so maybe there is a time for it.>>>>>>>

snip ...............

Hi Mark,

I fine record indeed. I always figure those who have done it for quite a
number of years and have a succesful business/track record have proven
their ability as photographers, whether they are known or not. I believe
when you tell people who you have shot for or what you have covered and
doing it successfully, it isn't necessary to start posting pictures because
a person calls you on your ablity.

In most cases the person making the "challenge" is still in diapers and wet
behind the ears with nothing but a few happy snaps to their credit. I say
this simply because those who shoot as professionals do not, or certainly
shouldn't, challenge another professional in such a manner.

At one time I used to get the screaming hibby jibbies because another
photographer got on my case about what my pictures looked like or what I
had done up to that time in my life.  Today? It doesn't matter a hoot, I
and like yourself, we know who we have shot for and where we travelled to
on assignments. ....whether using Leica's by the shoulderful or one.

And it doesn't matter what the hell anyone thinks simply because we know
we've done it and been hired to do many shoots because we are good
photographers.

You have a wonderful list of accomplishments that few on the LUG can match
and I wouldn't give them the twitch of satisfaction at showing images.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant