Subject: Re: [Leica] Travel Security
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 08:18:13 -0700

Ross wrote:
>> what about Sydney? We have great food, great harbour, great
>> picture making ops, friendly people, a big (mostly) sunny
>> country..>>>>>

Sunny I can use big time right now as there has been soooooo much rain and
cold here on the wet coast of Canada that my Leica's are growing fuzzy
green stuff all over them! ;)

Horst wrote:
>and then of course, there is Melbourne . The most livable city in the world.
>The good food capital of Australia.>>>>

Me and food go very well to-gether..... particularly sea food and white
wine! It seems my Leicas work better and my Leica pictures look sharper
after a bottle or or two of fine Australian wine. :)  Well OK, when I'm
viewing them through a wine glass. :)

Bud wrote:
<<< Australia also the home of the deadly Tunnel Web spider and 9 out of
the 10 most poisonous snakes in the world:-)>>>>>

Way to go Bud! :) Thanks buddy. :)   Me and spiders really don't go very
well to-gether.  Wine or no wine! :) Which would you suggest to fend them
off, the M6 or the R8? :)

Ed Myers wrote:
<<<For the best security may I suggest you go to one of the
uninhabited Great Barrior Islands, where there are no people or creatures
to worry about.>>>>>>>

Under those conditions may I ask one small favour? Could you make sure
there were a couple of Bondi Beach beauties in waiting! :) There are times
one can use a little sun tan lotion on the back and a Leica just doesn't
cut it! :)

I have to come in any event to see relatives, as I understand they were
shipped to Australia from the UK as part of the penal colony lads! :) That
being the case I'll kep a watchful eye on the Leica gear! :)

see ya down under with Leica in hand next year. Too many offers not to take
you up on it. :):)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant