Subject: Re: [Leica] ideal SINGLE lens for M6HM
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 11:44:18 -0700

DonjR43198@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/3/99 3:41:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
> mrabiner@concentric.net writes:
>
> << A "camera" is much less of a big deal than a "Kit" to deal with having
>  with you all day.  >>
>
> The Leica M system is so compact a "kit" may be carried in a small bag and
> provide an enormous picture taking potential.  Years and years ago when I was
><snip>
> My hunch is if the shooter buys just the M series body and one lens, he or
> she will be hooked pretty quickly and begin adding a 35 here and a 90 there
> until, at least, part of the system has been acquired.
>
> That's my two cents for the morning.
>
> Don  R.

And a well appreciated two cents. Point well taken about a Leica "kit"
being much more compact than a typical SLR I was out Friday looking for
one last camera bag for a one body 4 lens Leica M "kit." The bags I saw
last night were all designed for slrs with their big fat ugly zooms and
so on (I'm just personally sick OF them). Leica M bags need to be much
less deep. Much more handy.
When I do carry one I am overwhelmed by my shooting potential. But it's
a whole different Mode I go into, much less running back and forth zooming!
And your hunch applied to me. I had a fifty for a year then added a 90
and a 35 and a 135 one a year.
Mark Rabiner