Subject: Re: [Leica] ideal SINGLE lens for M6HM
From: chefurka@sympatico.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 18:12:34 GMT

On Sat, 03 Jul 1999 10:02:03 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>My hunch is if the shooter buys just the M series body and one lens, he or
>she will be hooked pretty quickly and begin adding a 35 here and a 90 there
>until, at least, part of the system has been acquired.

Trust your hunches, my friend ;-)  That's how I got bitten.

When I asked to handle an M6 (just handle it, mind you) the clerk said
"Ah, you like Leicas!  Want to se a *real* one?"  He then showed me a
pristine M3 with a DR on it, and I spent two days talking myself out
of it before I bought it.  A year and a half later I've got that M3,
an M4, a 35/2 ASPH, a newer 50, a 90 Elmarit-M, and in the interim
I've owned two other 35's and a 90 T-E.

Things were going well till my wife did some Internet banking and
found my Visa account :-/

On topic - the ideal lens for an HM might just be the 75.  And no, I
don't want one.  I don't, I tell you.  Really.  No way.  Now that 24
however...

Paul