Subject: Re: [Leica] ideal SINGLE lens for M6HM
From: Dave Richards <dprichards@uswest.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 06:51:42 -0600

>> << I would like everyone's opinion on what would be the ONE SINGLE lens
>>  that you would carry with an M6 0.85 >>
>>
>> One of the primary reasons I still use the Leica is the range of lenses.
>
>You took the words right out of my mouth: Stripped of the versatility
>offered by a choice of lens focal lengths, in conjunction with those
>magic frame lines, it's just a pretty good compact camera costing far
>too much. I'd replace the M6 with a Nikon FM10 outfit. The only
>point-and-shoot cameras that really get me excited are the Fuji
>autofocus 6x4.5s, but they're really not available-light cameras.

Every camera I own has interchangable lens capability.  Granted, I don't
always have frame lines, but there are times when reflex viewing is simply
better suited to the task (macro, lenses over 135mm, extreme wide, etc.)

What I love about the M6 is (1) it's small and light, not so bulky that I
don't want to carry it, (2) lens quality superior to anything else I've
used, (3) it's handy, as complex as it needs to be but as simple as it can be.

One lens?  I'd opt for the latest 50/2 Summicron.