Subject: Re: [Leica] suggestions...
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:16:58 -0400

Mark:

Your little math problem is nothing compared to my typing errors.

I spent two weeks in CR in February. Took two Ms (6 and 3) and four lenses
(SA 3.4, Tri-Elmar, the aforementioned thin Tele-Elmarit, and a 135 CZJ
Sonnar). All but the Super Angulon got a lot of work. I shot color neg
(mostly Superia 100 and 400) and B&W (TMX and TMY).

CR has several very different environments. We were in three of them: a
Pacific coastal resort on the Nicoyan Peninsula, the Monteverde rain forest
region, and the Arenal volcano region. In the rain forest areas nothing
ever seems to dry out, but as were there for only about four days, it
didn't pose any major problems.

I had assumed that the volume and quality of light there would require
relatively little high-speed film, but I was wrong. Once there,
particularly in the rain forest areas where the thick foliage block a lot
of light, I regretted my assumption. Some LUGgers will point out, however,
that the fastest glass in my bag was the 2.8 Tele-Elmarit. It's not easy to
buy film there, either.

I took polarizing filters (very helpful) and a yellow-green filter for B&W.
Took a small flash for the requisite group shots at a restaurant, but never
used it otherwise.

Have a great time.///Dick Baznik
_________