Subject: [Leica] Leica makes good
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:33:48 +1000

Dear Friends,

Many of you long time Luggers know the long and "sad" tale of my R8. Leica
has made good today, and replaced the errand camera and winder with a new
kit. For newer friends, my R8 was prone to "snap" a picture off at any old
time it felt inclined, and at times would go berserk, running at full pace
through the film without being invited. Leica tried to repair the problem
on two occasions, and on the third return journey to Solms, it has been
replaced. I want again to give a warm round of thanks to the local Leica
dealer here downunder, Adeal, who supplied me with a  replacement camera
for the time mine was on the high sea -- almost 4 months away in total, and
helped "pressure" Solms into a replacement this time around. It is too
early to be sure, but so far the camera/winder combination has "snapped"
without problem, and its time to run some film through it. Perhaps I should
try PAD ---- which reminds me, is anyone still struggling with Ted's
picture a day, or have new years resolutions all faded ;-)

I'm looking for a "project" now to really give this camera a run for its
money ;-) and expect the next home page will be an R8 series. Thanks to all
you who have been of help and support, I'm really looking forward to
positive R8 stories from now on.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin