Subject: [Leica] RE: M6 Film loading
From: "Aubin" <aubin@aa.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:14:27 -0700

Just to throw more sand into the gears, I'll reiterate what I
said before about film loading: sometimes its a problem,
but I'm not complaining.

I've had film loading problems with every camera I've ever
used, at one time or another.  The M6 just gets me vexed
when it happens, because others seem to have no problem
at all.

I have absolutely no problem loading 2 1/4 film onto stainless
steel developing reels, but 35mm makes me crazy. I find the
Rollei SL66 and Hassy's easy to load, and my 4x5 sheets are
very easy in the dark, but the M6 still gets me occasionally.

As to those who disparage the M6 because its got the same
persnickety loading it always had, instead of some new easy
do it every time, what can I say?  I also ride Harleys, shoot
Colt .45's and like 16 year old single malts.  Don't need no
modern stuff, thanks anyway.

I do this for my pleasure, 'nuff said.

Maybe someday I'll try one of those point and shoot gizmo's,
just to see what its like to have loaded a camera by making
it go buzz whir, but not likely any time soon.

I like equipment with personality, I find refrigerators boring.
Maybe thats why I took to software development too!

Take care,

Norm