Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Good starter body
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:58:25 EDT

In a message dated 6/28/99 3:21:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, marho@ikp.liu.se
writes:

<< I totally love my M2 >>

Me too.  I installed those spools (and a plastic gizmo on the baseplate) that
let you load it with the spool inside, kind of like an M6 (actually, they
work better, I think) .   The lack of 28, 75 and 135 frames suits me fine (I
use BL finders which are bigger, brighter and show framing at infinity with
tick marks for close-focus size).  I got a real sweet deal on an M4 and M42
some years ago, otherwise I think I would have kept right on using the M2's
until the M6.  The last time I had the M2's CLA'd I was told that the cement
in the rangefinder prisms is starting to get old and that they might go
another 35 years but then again one good knock in the right place and I could
end up with an MD.
DT