Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Good starter body
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:05:32 -0400

At 04:58 PM 6/28/99 EDT, InfinityDT wrote:
>Me too.  I installed those spools (and a plastic gizmo on the baseplate)
that
>let you load it with the spool inside, kind of like an M6 (actually, they
>work better, I think) .

This is the 1426o "Quick-Load" Kit.  It was a rather total bust on the
market-place:  many Leica users of the '60's referred to it as the
"neverload" kit because of its vile nature.  I bought one once, put it on
my M3 for six months and finally got it to work right.  Then, I took it off
and went back to the utterly sane normal M3 system, and sold the
"neverload" kit to a collector for about twice what I'd paid for it.

I guess some folks liked 'em, but, judging from the numbers of unused kits
which surface NIB, I suspect most of them just sat on dealers' shelves for
years.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!