Subject: Re: [Leica] If One Can Load a Nikon F...
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:07:04 EDT

In a message dated 6/28/99 12:37:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< Dr. Black Tape is endlessly amused...

 By people who are so blindly loyal to anything with a Red Dot - small pox?
 "German" measles? The Doctor didn't suggest that cameras with flap-backs
 twist in the wind. He was, however, suggesting, that having a back that is
 an integral part of the camera body lends stability to the camera.

Too bad Dr. Black Tape is so enraptured by his own cleverness that he fails
to recognize sarcasm when it resounds from someone else.  My point, for the
clue-challenged, was that Leica (and the blind loyalists with whom Dr. BT
errantly has lumped me) can't defend the infuriating bottom-loading
rangefinders without disparaging the back-opening reflexes, and vice-versa.
The "stability" reasoning falls utterly flat. If it were true, the larger
dimensions of the reflexes would benefit *even more* from closed-back design.

DT