Subject: Re: [Leica] Fluorescent filtration
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:14:27 -0500

>Try though I will to avoid it, I may find myself in a situation soon
>where I will be shooting chromes under fluorescent lighting.  What are
>the popular recommendations for on-the-fly filtration.  I'm not going
>to have the time to carefully correct the lights; I just need to tone
>down the green.  Anyone have experience with the B+W FL-Day?  What
>about a CC40M?  (No one seems to have off-the-rack 39mm and 46mm
>CC30M's).

Rob,

I have never liked the fld's very much...I prefer using just the 30 m
filter. If you use a 40 m you will have 10 too much magenta....will be
pretty magenta.

Have you tried the filter connection??  They pretty much have any filters
you need.  I have lost theri number at present but am sure someone else
on list has it.

ALso if you want to use a little flast fill go to a theratre company and
get a full plus green and tape on your flash...this will match the green
of the flourscents and the 30 m will knock it back out for ballanced
slides.

ALso is it absoutly critical you shoot chrome?  If not shoot neg
avaliable light and forget the filters, then find a good pro lab who can
do a neg to slide dupe...works pretty well, if done right.

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com