Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Good starter body
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 16:15:42 -0500

This is true...also the older Canon FD stuff is prety cheap now, but I
prefer the old AI non AF Nikon gear.  On KEH you can get a 50 1.4 AI in
what they call bargain condition for 50-50 bucks...I got one of these a
few months back and could not figure out why they called it
bargain...looked very clean.  For just plinking around and learning on
this would be the route I would go.

Or look into a Rolleiflex SL35M.  Then you get Zeiss glass.....I think MJ
Small has one for sale??

On 6/27/99 2:22 PM Mark Rabiner wrote:

>But could cost more than the camera. A 1.8 50 for a song and
>featherweight, a 1.4 50 classic optics for a few more pennies but not much.
>No better buyers market than non AF Nikon.

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net