Subject: Re: [Leica] Another Lame Brian Bower Book
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:27:34 -0600

Dan S wrote:

> I just read the new Leica Lens book by Brian Bower at the book store and as
> with his other books I am amazed at how superficial and basically pointless
> this book is.

I read most of Mr. Bower's Leica M book, and found it pleasant, with
okay photos, but wished he'd get out earlier, while the light was
better! Nice chatty books for enthusiasts, I didn't buy it, because
there's plenty of enthusiastic chatting going on here, and it's free :-)

Perhaps you're looking for one of Gunther Osterloh's books: I enjoyed
his Leica M: The Advanced School book, but would prefer waiting for a
revised edition, as the previous one is kind of dated, and selling for
gouger's prices.

Jeff