Subject: [Leica] GMP black R-Grip - impressions
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 99 11:16:22 +1000

Just bought a black R-Grip made by GMP Products Inc. from
Rich Pinto <Photovilla@aol.com>.

Basically, it is a detatchable handgrip you screw onto the
base of R4-R7 Leicas when you want to give the winder/motordrive
a holiday.  It is similar to the M-handgrip (from where
presumably GMP got the idea...)

Light-weight, solidly made, fine machining.  The only
problem is, at $US 80 it isn't exactly cheap.  Also, add
$US 28 for international delivery and you are over the
$US 100 mark.  Still, when only the best will do...

My R6.2 is now easier to handle and *much* easier to
carry around between shots (I use a wrist-strap rather
than a photo-necklace - much more secure and discrete!)

The grip has a tripod bush threaded into it, and there is
also a large finger-hole milled into the base so you can
easily press the rewind release button.  So once you attach
the R-grip, you can leave it on permanently and help protect
the base-plate from getting too scratched and scuffed.

Will only have to take it off when I need to change batteries
or use the winder/motor.

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth

VR MEDIA  SOUND  PHOTO  JAVA