Subject: Re: [Leica] shutter shake?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 15:24:08 -0700

Martin Howard wrote:

> Alastair Firkin wrote:
> >
> > With all the questions on MLU, I have an additional thought. When I'm
> > really concentrating on keeping the camera still, with the Noctilux at
> > 1/15 or 1/8 hand held, I get the impression that the movement of the
> > shutter curtain is "shaking" my M6.
> >

> Yeah, I get the same impression with the 50 DR-summi on an M3 at around
> 1/15 and 1/8.  Feels like the shutter weighs a ton and as though it's
> going CLAH-DANK! as it slaps home.  Dunno if it's just imagination, but
> I hold on to the camera harder, lest the torque wrenches it loose ;)
>
> M.
>
> --
My rear curtain on my speed graphic gives me slight vertigo on hand held
slow speeds.
But it's the sound not any real vibration methinks that makes one pause
and ponder...
Are things spinning or is it just me?!
Mark Rabiner
Getting Shakespearian but not. But that tree that fell in the forest
bothers me.