Subject: Re: [Leica] Serious question about fast lenses
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 18:08:27 EDT

<< My problem is the Canon IS lenses. If this really works, then why do we
 need fast lenses? >>

I use a Canon EOS system as my main system.  I have some IS lenses.  They are
quite good for certain applications, but there is much they cannot do.  They
do nothing to assist a subject that is moving.  They only reduce the effects
of camera shake.  Additionally, the IS function is only usable at lower
shutter speeds.  Above 1/125, the function is ineffective.

Tom Shea