Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 Battery Cover
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 06:12:44 -0600

At 07:11 AM 10/06/99 -0400, Nathan wrote:
>SNIP --
>I know this sounds stupid...but I have noticed that sometimes the
>battery cover on my M6s works its way loose after a long flight or car
>trip, presumably due to the vibration. When this happens, the metering
>indicators are flaky in the way you describe. I have gotten into the
>habit of checking that the battery cover is nice and tight every time I
>take the camera out of the bag.

I had the same experience last weekend.  I just happened to notice that the
battery cover had worked itself loose.  If I had not noticed it, there is a
good chance that it would have fallen off and gotten lost.
   Apart from tightening the cover, has anyone tried other ways of keeping
the cover on?  I think J. Eastland recommended using a slotted battery
cover (chrome finish) from an R camera.  Has anyone tried this?  How about
using some black tape over the cover to keep it in place?  The M retro
look!  It's hard to believe that one would have to resort to using this
approach on a 7K camera/lens combo.