Subject: RE: [Leica] HM or not ?
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:03:21 -0700

Christian,
I use both.  If I have both bodies, I will typically shoot mostly with the
.72 and a Summilux 35 ASPH, with the .85 in the bag with a Summicron 50 or
90.  Accuracy of focusing really isn't much of an issue for me (20/10
vision), but the 50 and 90 are just more comfortable to use with the higher
mag finder.  Downside to the .85 is that the rangefinder patch tends to
flare just a little more than the .72 under strong backlight.

To me, one of each is perfect.  If you have to choose one or the other, get
the .72.  I like beign able to use the 28mm lens without a separate finder.

- --Jim Laurel