Subject: Re: [Leica] <OFF TOPIC> home made lift rod suggestions
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 09:24:42 -0700

Harrison McClary wrote:
><snip>  I am wanting to make a longer lifter, but know
> that standard metals will quickly rust in the chemicals.  I am wondering
> about using heavy gague copper wire...will this react adversly with the
> chems??  I am using them im B&W chemistry, Ethol UFG developer and Ilford
> rapid fix.><snip>

About copper: I have a copper pipe right under my glass squeegee board
on my wall behind my sink which I use to judge prints taken out of the
first fixer bath. The fixer drips down my glass past my copper pipe and
has corroded it quickly. I have to figure out some way to protect this
copper pipe before this corrosion rots through. The point of course
being; don't use copper. It's not that happy about darkroom stuff apparently.
Mark Rabiner
And I just do Black and white!