Subject: Re: Out and about with my Heliopan and [Leica]
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 00:07:58 -0700

4season wrote:

> It's silly I suppose, but the accessory that's gotten me all excited
> lately is a yellow-green Heliopan filter, in E39. I can't believe no one
> mentioned this in prior discussions, but it's metal ring is so much
> better than it's competition (B+W, Hoya et al) as to be a joke: It's
> super-easy to get ahold of and doesn't seem to bind at all--small diff,
> but an absolutely delightful one, if you change filters much. Complaint:
> Now I also want an orange, red, blue and polarizer--and a second set in
> 55 mm!
><snip>
> Not a bad way to spend a weekend, I think! Must get to processing film
> now: I've got a new 5-liter pack of Xtol, so there's no excuse :-)
>
> Jeff
I agree my 46 mm red for my 90 Elmarit is built more impressively than
the B+W's and now on my light table are many landscapes in need of
cutting and putting into sleeves that were shot with them and developed
in Xtol 1:3. I was not sure if they made a yellow green or if it was
just a light green but as I said last week I have yellow green B+W 060
for all my lenes for all my cameras. They are a starting point for me.
Red for super cutting extream effect. I paid thirty something for my 46
red from a camera store in Denver that was called something like mile
high camera and it was a walk down into a basement. Your post makes me
want to try Heliopans version of my favorite color for a filter. I'm
going to start also getting into using regular or dark greens for more
of an effect but less than Red.
Happy Filtering!
This does sound nerdy!
Mark :-) Rabiner
Maybe if I put a bandaid on the eyepiece bridge of my glasses?