Subject: Re: [Leica] Boating Pictures
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 10:04:15 -0800

Robert G. Stevens wrote:

> Yesterday I took some time and shoot a few rolls of a sailboat race.
snip

> What do the people do that shoot this stuff regularily?

Robert, part of it is just practice.  Another is lots of film to cover
the mistakes.  One tool I saw used by America's Cup shooter on the
photoboats I was on, was a monopod that fits into a fishing pole cup,
the kind you strap around your waist for the big salt water game fish.
Then take a Lamaz  (sp? It's been years) class.  But you be the one on
the floor.  Relax those arms, breath deep, relax, relax, now tighten
just those arms muscles, now relax.......

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego