Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...
From: "KPETERS" <KPETERS@huntel.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 22:44:39 -0500

I shoot both R-system and rangefinder system and must say that when Leica
was under the Leitz name quality and engineering were solid.  Leica needs to
concentrate on keeping the good reputation and "instrument" feel to their
cameras-- after all, wasn't this a camera initially built by a 'scientific
engineering' company?  I like to think that the Leica is a 'scientist and
explorer's camera' and that's how I treat them!   What they really need is
to get those ccd's out of the overpriced S1 and into a back for the M6 so
when all the Kodachromes fade to white we can still download our pics off
the Barnack satellite....  God knows as soon as a reputable scientific
corporation starts marketing 'minilux' and 'mini!@##$', etc, the rest is
downhill.  Can't imagine Airstream starting to market Airstream tents, or
Range Rover to start marketing economy cars yet!  Please not yet!!!!    kent