Subject: [Leica] M6 Viewfinder
From: "Roger L. Bunting" <rlbunting@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 20:20:20 -0500

I have a M3 with 50mm and 35m RF summicron - so I've only used the 50mm
bright frame in the M3 with the two lenses. I (must) wear glasses and I
have to "look around" in the finder to see the edges of the bright
frame.

I've been thinking about getting a M6 Classic and 35mm f2 ASPH. I'm just
not happy with the f2 performance of the 35mm summicron and the loss of
view finder contrast with the goggles. My equipment is in excellent user
condition, everything just CLA'd by Leitz, NJ. But still thinking the
smaller 35mm frame would be easier on my "aging" eyes.

I've only had very limited access to M6 and at first I thought the 35mm
frame was quite usable. Lately, I've heard some grumblings on the
usability of the 35mm frame in the M6 Classic. Some of these comments
indicate that the image coverage by the 35mm frame is not very accurate.

I think I could be completely happy with a 35mm and 50mm lens. I would
consider a 24mm as a third but I like working close.

Any comments and wisdom from the luggers on the useability and accuracy
of the 35mm frame in the M6 and wisdom of abandoning my current
equipment.

Thanks and Regards,

Roger