Subject: RE: [Leica] Tri-Elmar use
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:23:47 -0700

The 3E didn't quite live up to my expectations, though Erwin thinks I just
got a bad one, which may indeed have been the case.  Exchanged mine for an
Elmarit-M 28 and am very pleased with it!  What a wonderful lens.

However, for hiking, I still take my R6.2 with the Elmar 35-70.  The zoom
range is right, and I like being able to take closeups when out in nature.
Now, if they'd only make one with a front element that didn't rotate!  And
yes, I know the Elmarit 35-70 ASPH is polarizer-friendly.  But it's much too
large and heavy for comfortable hiking.

- --Jim