Subject: Re: [Leica] Freedom of expression and responsibility
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 09:32:07 -0700

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> Erwin,
snip Of course,
> you could use an electronic filter, but human filtering is better.  If what
> you read is not to your liking you simply excercise the delete key.snip
> Peter Ksnip
> From: Erwin Puts snip
> One is also entitled to dismiss it. Be
> careful: the view is dismissed, not the person who has this opinion.
> <snip>

It's not ironic but it's something that some of us big proponents of
optical filtering have electronic filtering as a top pet peeve. Is there
a hidden message here?
No
So let me get off that dumb thought and ask does it bug anyone like it
bugs me how Adobe takes an algorithm which sharpens your image, flips it
around and does other numbers to it and then calls it a filter?
I call that an inappropriate metaphor. The term "Photoshop" is surely
quite a stretch of a metaphor. But it needs it's opening credits of
camera lenes and F stops so you know you are doing something that has
something to do with cameras. Yes, they also call filters plug ins. And
this concept has revolutionized software all by itself.
They should stop calling these crass effects filters.
That is unless they make your image yellow/green!
Mark Rabiner