Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 280mm Telyt
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 07:52:49 -0400

- -------------------- Begin Original Message --------------------

Bill Caldwell wrote:

"Looking for a f5.6 560mm head, I found a f5.6
560mm Telyt with a Televit rapid-focusing mount for sale.  (One really
long lens, but not too heavy.)  Interested, I called on the 560 and in
the conversation asked if seller had a 280mm head for the Televit.  He
said, "Yes, are you interested?"  My throat and mouth went dry, and I
blurred out in a rasp, "By chance do you have the ADAPTER?"  "Of course"
was the response, and I, CALMLY, STILL RASPY, BUT FIRMLY said, "I will
take them both..." and then asked the price -- which was very
reasonable."

Bill,

Your nerves are made of tougher steel than mine!  I may resort to custom
fabrication because the combination of the 280 and the Televit seems ideal.

Doug Herr
Sacramento