Subject: RE: [Leica] What do you do with Leica Projectors
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 07:19:38 +0200

On mardi 1 juin 1999 5:52, Lucian Chis [SMTP:chis@ece.orst.edu] wrote:
>...snip...
> Anybody using a cheap projector to POP slides deserves what they are
> getting....snip....

Lucian,
I opted for the P600 which has not the same chassis as the P150. It is
heavy, is full of metal, and seems well built. It is NOT cheap. And the
slides still 'pop' (though not as systematically as with my previous
top-of-the-range Braun projector). Do you have any precise idea as to what
design flaw makes me get what I get (though I do not feel I deserve what I
get) ?

Furthermore, any slide in a glassless mount will show an irregular surface.
That surface seems to tighten up after the pop. How would a 'pop free'
projector be able to guarantee corner to corner sharpness on the projected
image. There has to be a focusing problem on some segment of the slide, due
to the uneven surface, no ?

Thanks for your suggestions,

Alan