Subject: RE: [Leica] What do you do with Leica Projectors
From: "Andrew S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 21:46:12 -0400

> -
>
> Color 2.
> Th> I have owned several Pradovit projectors and now own the Pradovit ey
returned from the New Jersey facility some three months ago.
>  They went
> there because they were sticking and very slow changing slides.
> A secondary
> problem was the auto focus mechanism and the hunting they went

Clifton and others:

I have the Pradovit Color2 with the standard Colorplan lens. I have
experienced the same problem with the "hunting" in the autofocus mechanism
described by Clifton. But Leica Northvale fixed it for about $150 two years
ago. I also have the P150 projector with the CF Colorplan lens and IR remote
focusing. The problem with the P150 is the time delay for the slide "pop".
Yes, the CF lens takes care of it but there is perhaps a 2 second wait
before the "pop". All in all, I prefer the 20 year old Color2 over the P150
and the Colorplan FF lens is exemplary(surely, the super version is a
superior lens). Why? I think that the old Pradovit design possesses a better
lens cooling system which manifests itself with the almost total lack of
"pop".
Consequently, in view of its refined time-proven design and relatively low
current price I recommend the

          Pradovit 2002 with the (Super)Colorplan FF lens

regards, Andrew Jordan