Subject: RE: [Leica] Freedom of expression and responsibility
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 14:20:52 +0200

Erwin,

You have a 'Spock' quality to your quest of logic ;-)

I fully agree with your last sentence. This is how things should be. In the
(virtual) reality of this hyperproductive and passionate list, I
nevertheless feel it is much too often the person (i.e. the non-conformist
individual) who is condemned/insulted/ostracised ('filtered out' is the
word here).....

The other side of the coin is more positive: nobody wishes happy birthday
or toasts Lagavulin to a scientific benchmark. Part of the fun here is that
we do not, at all times, behave according to the Vulcan code of conduct. If
we did, I'm afraid we would not be Leicaists... ;-)

Friendly regards,

Alan